This comes from Outside Voice; if you’re reading, consider yourself tagged!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? my maternal grandmother.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? oh, just a couple days ago, in frustration with my insomnia.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I do, but it’s illegible to most.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Bacon, which I continued to eat for a year after I was calling myself a vegetarian.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Two boys
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I think so; I like to think so.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Less and less.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS. Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No; makes my neck hurt just thinking about it.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Every morning: Joe’s O’s with homemade granola, dried cranberries and milk. Even if there’s brunch happening soon, or pancakes — I need my cereal first.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No, although the only lace-up shoes I own are my running shoes, which I kick off as soon as I’m home.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Sometimes. Then sometimes also not.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Vanilla. With chocolate sauce and salted peanuts.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Mouth.
15. RED OR PINK? Until recently it was always pink. But lately more often red: clothing, lipstick, wine…
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? That’s not such a fun thing to consider, really. Let’s just say my knees.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Julie
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Oh, there’s no need.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Grey slippers
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Popcorn and red wine right now.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The kids chattering in bed, my friends clicking away on their keyboards.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Bread dough, freshly bathed boys, newly mown grass
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My friend L
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes! but we’ve never met 🙁
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? It used to be baseball but lately, basketball.
27. HAIR COLOR? Brown
28. EYE COLOR? Brown
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Used to; now, Lasik!
30. FAVORITE FOOD? fresh peaches, milk, dark chocolate, kale — not all together, though
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? definitely happy endings
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Blue
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer!
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Depends on who’s giving them
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Warm peach pie with vanilla ice cream
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Libby
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND. Whoever doesn’t feel like it
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Captive Bodies: American Women Writers Redefine Pregnancy and Childbirth, by my friend Mary Ruth Marotte
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Who uses a mouse pad anymore?
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? No TV last night; when I get home, there’s a tivo’d episode of Top Chef waiting for me.
42. FAVORITE SOUND. The boys talking to each other in their room after bedtime; Tony’s laugh; and lest I get too sentimental, also: loud car radio; electric mixer; clothes dryer
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? I’ve lived in Japan, but I guess that wasn’t being far from home; the furthest I’ve traveled from home since I moved to the States was probably Austria
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Making ice cream before breakfast
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Tokyo
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Anybody who’s interested